Knowledge is power. If you're interested in getting your feet wet, check out some of these free online courses.
- Intro to HTML and CSS
- Data Visualization in Tableau
- Introduction to Python Programming
- Intro to Computer Science
- Intro to Data Analysis
- How to Use Git and GitHub
- Intro to Relational Databases
- Database Systems Concepts and Designs
- Data Wrangling with MongoDB
- Google Maps APIs
- Data Visualization and D3.js
- Intro to Hadoop and MapReduce
- Intro to Machine Learning
- HTTP & Web Servers
As you move forward in your career, you will have questions, and there may not always be a more experienced person on hand to help you with the answers. This is why you need some Google-fu in your life.
Google-fu is skill in using Google (and other search engines) to quickly find useful information on the Internet. Here are a couple of things to keep in mind when googling:
- Focus on key words. A search may not always give you the specific answer you're looking for, but it just might point you to a keyword that will help you get there. In other words, clicking through multiple pages of a search isn't necessarily a waste of time. Pay attention to recurring terms or phrases that can point you in the right direction. These are little gems that will lead you to the mine.
For more tips on how to perform efficient Google searches, check out this article!